Terms and Conditions
Terms & Conditions of the Singapore Airlines Group Carbon Offset Programme for Passengers
The following terms and conditions (“Terms & Conditions”), which is managed by Tasman Environmental Markets LP (“TEM”), shall apply when you make a contribution to TEM under the Singapore Airlines Group Carbon Offset Programme for Passengers (“Carbon Offset Programme”).
Please read these Terms & Conditions carefully. By making a contribution under the Carbon Offset Programme, you agree to be bound by these Terms & Conditions.
1. Any contribution you make to TEM under the Carbon Offset Programme is strictly voluntary.
2. The minimum value for each contribution to the Carbon Offset Programme shall be one Singapore Dollar (S$1). For the avoidance of doubt, any contribution which is less than one Singapore Dollar (S$1) shall not be accepted.
3. All contributions made under the Carbon Offset Programme will be paid to, processed by and handled exclusively by TEM. All contributions received by TEM under the Carbon Offset Programme shall be used to:
a. support a portfolio of verified greenhouse gas abatement projects; or
b. acquire verified and independently audited carbon offsets generated from greenhouse gas abatement projects.
4. To the maximum extent permitted by law, all contributions (including any associated payment fees) are non-refundable. If you cancel, change or modify your travel itinerary booked with Singapore Airlines Limited ("SIA") or Scoot Tigerair Pte. Ltd. ("Scoot") (as the case may be), or if any flights in your itinerary is cancelled, changed or modified by SIA or Scoot (as the case may be) for any reason, your contribution to the Carbon Offset Programme will continue to be used in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
5. TEM will provide you with a transaction summary by email upon receipt of your contribution.
6. The calculation method used in the carbon offset calculator provides a best-in-class greenhouse gas emissions estimate only and should not be relied upon as an accurate record of the actual greenhouse gas emissions. To the maximum extent permitted by law, TEM, SIA and Scoot shall not be liable for any inaccurate or incorrect calculation of greenhouse gas emissions attributable to your travel itinerary.
7. Infants are not included in the calculation of greenhouse gas emissions for flights in your travel itinerary. An infant is any child passenger under the age of two years old as of the date of travel. Children aged two years and older are included in the calculation at the same rate as adults.
8. The selection of the greenhouse gas abatement suppliers and/or projects in the Carbon Offset Programme shall be determined by SIA and Scoot in its sole and absolute discretion and may change from time to time. You shall not have the right to request and/or direct TEM, SIA and/or Scoot to allocate your contribution under the Carbon Offset Programme to any particular greenhouse gas abatement project and/or supplier of your choice.
9. All offsets are purchased and retired by TEM in accordance with international carbon accounting standards. TEM represents and warrants that it has appropriate regulatory approvals to purchase and retire carbon instruments as required by the Carbon Offset Programme from its operational base located in Australia.
10. While TEM, SIA and Scoot has taken reasonable care to ensure the accuracy of the information relating to carbon offsetting and the Carbon Offset Programme on the desktop site as well as the mobile site and app, all information may be subject to change at any time without notice to you. TEM, SIA and Scoot does not warrant or make any representations regarding the correctness, accuracy, reliability, fitness for any purpose or otherwise of such information. To the maximum extent permitted by law, TEM, SIA and Scoot excludes all liability for any loss or damage of whatever kind arising out of access to, use of, or reliance on, any information relating to carbon offsetting and the Carbon Offset Programme on its desktop site as well as its mobile site and app.
11. TEM (in consultation with SIA and Scoot) reserves the right to suspend or terminate this Carbon Offset Programme whether wholly or in part in its absolute discretion at any time, without giving notice to you. This arrangement will be subject to any applicable legislative or other regulatory controls in existence at that relevant time.
12. These terms and conditions are governed by the laws of the Republic of Singapore. To the extent that any provision contained or referred to herein is contrary to any applicable laws, government regulations, orders or requirements that cannot be waived by agreement of the parties, such provision shall not apply. The invalidity of any provision shall not affect the validity of any other provision.
13. These Terms and Conditions are effective as at the date of publication 25 June 2021 and may be amended by TEM from time to time without giving notice to you.
14. Please contact TEM via email at SIAHelp@ourbluehalo.com if you have any queries / feedback on the Carbon Offset Programme.